In this Cookies Policy
- References to we, us or our (or words of similar import) means SDS Driving School, 41 Campbell bannerman way, Tividale, B69 3NE
- References to you means the person accessing and using the Website (as defined below).
- References to Website means the website operated by us or on our behalf at the following URL: https://sdsdriving.co.uk/
Cookies on our Website
Cookies are small text files stored on your device when you access most websites on the internet or open certain emails. Among other things, cookies allow a website to recognize your device and remember if you’ve been to the website before. We use the term cookie to refer to cookies and technologies that perform a similar function to cookies (e.g. tags, pixels, web beacons, etc). Cookies can be read by the originating website on each subsequent visit and by any other website that recognizes the cookie.
However, please be aware that restricting or blocking cookies set on the Website may impact the functionality or performance of the Website, or prevent you from using certain services provided through the Website. It will also affect our ability to update the Website to cater for user preferences and improve performance.
The following categories of cookie are currently used by us:
|Cookie Type||Overview||Use on the website|
|Strictly Necessary||Strictly necessary cookies are essential for the use of the features and services on the Website. If you block these cookies we cannot guarantee access to the services provided through the Website or be sure how the Website will perform during your visit.||We use these cookies to: Remember products added to your shopping basket Remember selections or information you have entered when you navigate to different pages during your session on the Website (for example, which NB International store you have selected) Identify you as being logged in to the Website|
|Performance||Performance cookies collect information about how the Website is used so that we can improve the site. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous.||We use these cookies to: Monitor and provide statistics on how the Website is used Help us improve the Website by measuring any errors that occur See how effective adverts on the Website are and try to ensure they are as relevant as possible Provide feedback to our affiliates, and third parties we have allowed to link to the Website, regarding users accessing their sites. This information may be used by those third parties to improve their sites or services Test the Website’s design and operability|
|Functional||Functional cookies allow the Website to remember choices you make such as your user name, log in details or language preferences, and any customization you make to pages on the Website during your visit. If you block these cookies certain features and services may be affected and we cannot be sure how the Website will perform during your visit.||We use these cookies to: Show you when you’re logged in to the Website Provide individual services, such as watching a video or commenting Share information with partners to provide a service on the Website. The information shared is only to be used to provide the service, product or function and not for any other purpose Remember if we’ve already asked you if you want to fill in a survey|
|Targeting||These cookies are used to enhance your experience of the Website and the internet. Among other things, they collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising and marketing more relevant to you and your interests. This information is linked to site functionality provided by other websites, and may be shared with other organisations (such as advertising networks). More information about online behavioral advertising and online privacy can be found at www.youronlinechoices.eu.||We use these cookies to: Provide advertising agencies, advertising networks and other third parties with information on your visit and browsing habits so that they can present you (and other potential customers) with adverts that you (or they) may be interested in (including with respect to adverts displayed on other websites) Limit the number of times you see an advert Help measure the effectiveness of advertising and marketing campaigns and to identify where we should focus our campaigns. We may share the information we obtain from cookies with third parties for this purpose Track the distribution of electronic content (such as documents and images) we make available on our Website or otherwise distribute (including our marketing communications), including the identity of the individuals who view and forward that content Link to social networks like Facebook, who may subsequently use information about your visit to serve you with targeted advertising on other websites Follow-up with you in the event that you partially complete an order for products or registration on the Website|
- SDS Driving School is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal data received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK. The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal data we collect and how we may use it.
- When you contact us to make an enquiry, we will ask you for your name, address, postcode, phone number(s) and email address.
- We will retain your personal data for a length of time dependant on the nature of our relationship with you, as follows:
- For enquiries regarding Driving Lessons we will hold your personal data for 30 days
- For enquiries regarding training to become a Driving Instructor and for Becoming a Driving Instructor with SDS Driving School we will hold your personal data for 3 years
- Once you become a customer of SDS Driving School Ltd by making a purchase, booking a lesson, purchasing a training course or signing up to a franchise, we will retain your personal data for as long as you are an active customer plus 6 complete financial years of the company from your last recorded activity, in line with Financial and Accounting regulations.
- We will only ever share personal data that we collect from you with the following third parties and only for the purpose(s) described:
- First Data / Cardnet – Merchant Services (payment card processing)
- RealEx – payment card processing
- Verifone – payment card processing
- Esendex – to send booking notification SMS text messaging to your Instructor
- Forfront – for RED Driving School direct marketing emails, provided you have granted consent for us to do so
- PrintSwift – for delivery of cash voucher and gift voucher print and mailing services via post and email
- Adobe Sign – electronic contract and document processing
- FogCreek – Customer Relationship management
- We may share your personal data internally between SDS Driving School Ltd group companies in order to provide special offers and relevant products and services.
- We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal data which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with the UK data protection legislation. We do not collect sensitive data about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it. In order to maintain the accuracy of our database, you can check, update or remove your personal details by emailing https://sdsdriving.co.uk/ .
- We use a technology called “cookies” as part of a normal business procedure to track patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. A cookie is an element of data that our website sends to your browser which is then stored on your system. You can set your browser to prevent this happening. Any information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you change your browser settings.
- We do not transfer any data to any organisation outside the EEA unless they operate to the standards required under the GDPR regulations.