Free training to become a Driving Instructor*
WHY BECOME A DRIVING INSTRUCTOR?
Training to become a Driving Instructor doesn’t just give you a job, it gives you a vocation offering years of extraordinary job satisfaction and flexibility. Here are just some of the reasons you should change career and become a driving instructor.
- Be Your Own Boss – Being a Driving Instructor allows you to be your own boss. You control the days and times you work to be flexible around family and life’s events.
- Supply the Demand – Demand for Driving Lessons across the UK is on the rise. Driving Instructors are needed nationwide to meet this demand meaning a great opportunity awaits you.
- Earn More – You decide when you work, so you decide what you earn. More hours of tuition means higher earning potential. We estimate a Driving Instructor working the same 40 hours as an office worker can earn between £35,000 – £40,000 per annum.
BEING AN APPROVED DRIVING INSTRUCTOR (ADI) CAN BE A VERY REWARDING CAREER: YOU’LL HELP PEOPLE TO LEARN AN IMPORTANT SKILL FOR LIFE.
The job involves working with all sorts of people so you’ll need good people skills as well as
- Patience and understanding
- A thorough knowledge of the theory and practice of driving
- An ability to teach
- Awareness of changes in the regulations for driving tests, as well as driving instruction
- Business sense.
You’ll also need to check that you’re eligible to apply to become a driving instructor. Take a quick test on GOV.UK to find out whether you can apply. This test will also tell you what to do next to become an ADI.
How to apply
How To Become a Driving Instructor
Find driving instructor training courses
What you need to knowBefore you can start training to become a driving instructor you will need to have had a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) obtained through the Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency’s (DVSA) contractor, Capita Recruitment Vetting Service (CRVS).Before you can begin the testing process to become an ADI you must have held a full licence for three years (a foreign or automatic licence can count towards the three years). You must also be able to read a vehicle number plate from a minimum of 27.5 metres (90 feet) and pass the DVSA three part driving instructor examinations – which we will go through in more detail below.If your licence has penalty points (generally a maximum of four) it is unlikely to affect your application and those points already spent will not count. But you must not have been disqualified from driving during the last four years, not even for one day.In order to become a driving instructor there are three rigorous ADI tests which applicants are put through. Our driving instructor training course is designed to help you pass these tests providing you with all of the knowledge and materials you need. Find SDS Driving Schools near you. Get advantage of Cheap Driving Instructors in Edgbaston, Harborne. Become A Driving Instructor with SDS Driving Schools.
ADI TEST PART1
The first test within your ADI training is in two parts – the theory test and a hazard perception test. The theory test consists of 100 multiple choice questions, within the test there are four bands which each require a pass-mark of 80%. You have 1½ hours to complete the test and need an overall pass mark of 85% for this part of the test. The hazard perception test consists of 14 video clips and the pass mark is 57 out of a possible 75. You are given a further 20 minutes to complete the hazard perception. The cost to sit both parts of the test is £81 and can be taken as many times as necessary. Our training covers the theory and hazard perception section of the ADI tests via in class training and reading materials.
Part 1 cost = £81
ADI TEST PART 2
The second test is a driving and eyesight test which is conducted by a Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency Supervising Examiner and lasts approximately one hour. You will be required to demonstrate your ability to drive and manoeuvre the car safely and under control. To pass you must not commit more than six minor or one serious fault. The cost to take this test is £111 and can be taken up to three times. We offer tailored training packages for part two of your ADI test, designed to work around your other work commitments. For part two we will use our in-car recording system so that you can review your lessons at home.
Part 2 cost = £111
ADI TEST PART 3
The third test is your ability to teach learner drivers which is conducted by a DVSA Supervising Examiner and lasts approximately one hour. The examiner will role play the part of a learner driver, you’ll be marked, amongst other things, on how you identify and correct mistakes.The cost to take this test is £111 and can be taken up to three times. Again, our flexible ADI training is designed to fit around your other work commitments and our in-car recording system will mean you can review your training from the comfort of your own home.
Part 3 cost = £111
Total ADI test costs: £303
TRAIN TO BE A DRIVING INSTRUCTOR
You’ll get the best possible training to get you on the path to your new career as an Approved Driving Instructor. And once you’ve passed, you’ll get priority treatment when applying for an SDS Driving Schoolfranchise.Driving instructor training and business franchise If you’re looking for new career path with all the advantages of flexible workings and being your own boss , then becoming a driving instructor could be the perfect choice for you.
WHY TRAIN WITH AND JOIN SDS?
- Training licence opportunity-earn while you complete your training.
- You’ll have 40 hours of local 1-to-1 tuition with a personal trainer.
- Training will be provided by ORDIT registered trainers.
- Once you’ve passed, you’ll get priority treatment when applying for an SDS Driving School franchise.
- Choose the Franchise payment option that suits you from £35 p/w .
- For new instructors our Standard Franchise will give the best possible start, with full support and coaching.
- Flexible training to suit your needs and personal circumstances.
- Training license opportunity – earn while you complete your training.
- Payment plans available.
- SDS Driving school is registered with the DVSA’s Official Register of Driving Instructor Trainers (ORDIT).
- Once qualified, a SDS franchise is guaranteed
- Be your own boss and enjoy flexible working hours (Self-employed Franchisee)
- Receive detailed business skills training
- Enjoying great job satisfaction.
- Expect realistic earnings of £800 per week although more is possible
- Unlimited pupil supply
- Choice of franchise – with our car or your own car.
PART 2 TRAINING INCLUDES :
Fast road driving
Rectify any faults with mock test
£28 per hr
£30 per hour or £1150 for 40 hours
We would love to answer any questions that you have, feel free to give us a call. We look forward to speaking with you and discussing your potential new career!
To discuss your new career options call us now on:
0800 086 8797
*Subject to terms and conditions.