SDS driving school provides cheap driving lessons in Washwood Heath and surrounding areas. Our male and instructors provide crash courses, bulk driving lessons, young drivers lessons, intensive courses and much more.
Washwood Heath is a ward in Birmingham, within the formal district of Hodge Hill, roughly two miles north-east of Birmingham city centre, England. Washwood Heath covers the areas of Birmingham that lie between Nechells, Bordesley Green, Stechford and Hodge Hill. According to the 2001 Population Census, there were 27,822 people living in the ward with a population density of 5,335 people. Washwood Heath is an ethnically diverse community with 57% (15,863) of the ward’s population being of an ethnic minority compared with 29.6% for Birmingham. It had been a major Irish community. Saltley on the south-western side and Ward End on the north-eastern side of Washwood Heath are the two areas that cover the entire ward, though some parts near Nechells and Hodge Hill do not come under either of these and are simply headed under “Washwood Heath”. One of the area’s major employers was the railway works owned by Metropolitan-Cammell (later Alstom), but it closed in 2005.
We offer quality driving lessons at a reasonable price. Browse here SDS driving lesson prices, deals, special offers and accumulator saver. New learner drivers should look for quality instruction over cheap deals as learning to drive otherwise they could end up paying more! The cheapest driving schools and cheap driving courses are not always the best VALUE!
Below is a route from Washwood Heath to South Yardley Driving Test Centre (subject to change).
Start: – Washwood Heath, Birmingham
• 26 s (0.1 mi) – Head south-west on Fairholme Rd towards Bromford Ln/A4040
• 9 min (2.7 mi) – Follow A4040 to Church Rd
• 0.9 mi – Turn left onto Bromford Ln/A4040, Continue to follow A4040
• 0.2 mi – At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Station Rd/A4040
• 1.5 mi – At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit and stay on Station Rd/A4040, Continue to follow A4040
• 2 min (0.5 mi) – Take Yew Tree Ln and Rowlands Rd to Coventry Rd/A45
• 203 ft – At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Church Rd
• 0.2 mi – Turn right onto Yew Tree Ln
• 0.2 mi – Continue straight onto Rowlands Rd
• 82 ft – Turn right towards Coventry Rd/A45
• 31 s (0.2 mi) – Turn left onto Coventry Rd/A45
• 2 min (0.6 mi) – Continue on Gilbertstone Ave to your destination
• 0.5 mi – Slight right onto Gilbertstone Ave
• 236 ft – At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Clay Ln
• 253 ft – Turn right, Destination will be on the left
• Arrive: – Birmingham South Yardley Driving Test Centre, 15 Clay Ln, Birmingham B26 1DX