Alum Rock ward is located in the inner city to the east of the city centre. It has a population of 25,487 making it the most populous ward in the city. The area is officially a division of Saltley. Alum Rock includes the connecting streets of the 3 km Alum Rock Road beginning at Saltley Gate and ending at Railway Bridge. Once through the main shopping area, Alum Rock Road continues towards Stechford, passing through Pelham, before joining Washwood Heath Road at the Fox & Goose the eastern part of the main road is in Ward End.
Alum Rock covers most of Saltley and so runs into many of Saltley’s neighbouring areas, Bordesley Green to the south, Ward End to the north and east and Nechells to the west. Washwood Heath Road, which also begins at Saltley Gate, runs loosely parallel to Alum Rock Road for a mile, before both main roads join up in front of the Fox & Goose.
Alum Rock, Birmingham
1. Head west on Couchman Rd towards Kiln Rise – 0.1
2. Turn right onto College Rd – 0.1 mi
3. Turn left onto Alum Rock Rd – 0.4 mi
4. At the roundabout, continue straight onto High St/B4114 – 0.3 mi
5. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Heartlands Pkwy/A47 – 0.5 mi
6. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto AstonChurch Rd – 0.3 mi
7. Continue onto Holborn Hill – 0.1 mi
Driving Assessment centre
The Gee Centre, Holborn Hill, Birmingham B7 5JR